the first of my finishing fridays features iStitch Designs‘ Sew Advent Band SAL Sampler for 2013.
this was a SAL during last Christmas, one band to be stitched every day of the Advent. I joined a little late (on the 8th day), and finished even later, but it was a very enjoyable, quick design to work on.
I had a little trouble deciding which linen to use, until I narrowed things down to these two options.
in the end, I decided to stitch this twice, the two linens were just too perfect for it.
I started with the vertical version on the 36ct. Christmas Wine and later on this year (hopefully before the next advent) I’ll plan my other Cocoa version, which will be lots of fun to play with.
the finished project measures only 5 cm wide on the 36ct. but on the other hand is very high, 30 cm, so I had to split close ups. here we go! 😀
it really bugs me that most of the pictures have a yellowish tone, but it’s because of indoor lights.. real bummers!
as usual I went for my own choice of everything, changed up things here and there, .. and since many people asked for this, here is a complete recap of what I did, finally! 🙂
– – –
(my own) Sew Advent Band SAL Sampler 2013 – a complete recap
fabric: Nina’s 36ct. Christmas Wine linen, stitched 1 over 2
[thread list has been removed. if you’re interested in the threads I used write me using the contact me form you find on top of the header (between about me and finishes)]
beads: Mill Hill Magnifica beads #10010 (Snow White, attached with one strand of Champagne), #10033 (Cranberry, attached with one strand of Valentine).
- centered the letters in band 1 by starting the A one space to the right
- used cranberry beads instead of red cross stitches for the berries in band 4
- added one stitch to the A so that it’s perfectly symmetrical (OCDs here :D)
- added a cranberry bead on top of Rudolph’s nose in band 9
- substituted the Herringbone stitches in dividing band 10 and 11 with full cross stitches
- used snow white beads instead of white cross stitches for the heats in band 11
- used cranberry beads for the berries in band 12
- stitched the bird in band 13 with Grizzly and Pearl
- stitched the leaves in band 16 with Hunter and added snow white beads to the hollows in the running motif
- used cranberry beads for the red stitches in the flowers in bands 17 and 19
- used snow white beads instead of single cross stitches in band 20
- stitched the leaves in band 21 with Hunter
- centered ADVENT in band 22 by moving the letters one fabric thread to the left (this is possible only if you’re stitching on linen)
- added one stitch to the A so that it’s perfectly symmetrical
- used cranberry beads instead of red cross stitches for the hearts in band 23
- used snow white beads instead of single cross stitches in band 24
if you have any questions just add a comment below or use the contact me form you find on top of the header (between about me and finishes).
– – –
I hope you have a wonderful week!
and if you’re fans, enjoy the SuperBowl tonight! 😀
see you soon!