hello! hello! I’ve been busy in the past days working feverishly on the games for this year’s enigma and I’m more than happy to announce that I made it! YEAH! 😀
it took me WAY more than I expected, and I won’t do anything this elaborate for probably 5 years or so but hey! I hope it was worth the time!
because everything kicks in on the first day of May, I thought I should do my TUSAL, SMALLs update and monthly goals recap a few days early so that I don’t cause any confusion between posts when the first game begins.
– – –
these were my April stitching goals:
- finish Alice in Wonderland by SODA Stitch using solid DMC threads —> 🔘 NO 😦 but I did work on it since you last saw it; I had several backstitching parties and reached the bottom row.
- stitch the remaining scissor fobs in the scissor fob armada using Mo’s Sale hand dyed threads (I have room for 2 and 1/2 more) —> ☑️ YES 🙂 I finished these straight away and will go on with the scissor fob armada as soon as I have a compatible linen leftover. [these all count as SMALLs SAL finishes]
- stitch the 3rd and 4th part of Story Time Sampler by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, Sherlock Holmes and Wizard of Oz —> 🔘 NO 😦 but I picked up Sherlock last night and I’m trying to catch up just in the nick of time.
- work on whatever Garrett and I decide to do with our SODAs SAL —> 🔘 NO we decided to stitch one tale every two months so I have May and June to work on my HD Alice.
- in case we decide to postpone this to next month, finish L*K‘s ’13 mystery Holly & Hearts (2nd part started) —> 🔘 NO 😦 we did postpone but I misbehaved, shame on me.
what happened was that I found myself a lot of other things on my hands and worked on those instead:
- on Easter Day I was about to leave for Grand’s and couldn’t find anything small to take with me (I know, I found it hard to believe too) so I finished this Mill Hill kit called Berry Jam, a beaded jar I started back in 2012 as part of their Autumn Harvest series of ornaments for that year, which is a companion to this one, the Honey Pot. [counts as SMALLs SAL finish]
- I also finished restitching the Cheshire Cat on my “HD Alice” and because Garrett and I will do these SODA tales as a SAL, I have two months to finish this one starting in May. 🙂
- I also started and finished a project I can’t tell you anything about because it’s part of the enigma, so no news on that front just yet 🔮
- I bobbinated most of my Anchor skeins which had been left in a messy bundle for way too many years, and boy was bobbinating time consuming! and fun! look at how pretty they look now 😍
- then I spent considerable time kitting up stuff and while doing so, I accidentally stitched this, I swear I don’t know how it happened! 😉 [counts as VERY SMALLs SAL finish :P]
this is Pen Pals #202 from the Pen Pals series by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery; I decided to stitch these all together as they come out 1 over 1 on 28ct. linen, and for them I picked a white Vaupel & Heilenbeck linen band I had in my stash with a printed hearts motif in ecru and Nina’s Threads of my own choice, also from stash.
I couldn’t use the white as it didn’t stand out on the linen so I moved a few colours around and added a light blue. The reason why I was preparing for this series (and a few other things) is..
something really cool Garrett aka CoffeeStitcher and Angie aka a.stitch.in.time came up with, and since the day they told me about this I have been torn between the idea of starting 15 new things in the first 15 days of May, and the horror of what that would do to my WIP pile. 😱
I have gone back and forth, forth and back, up and down, left to right, down and inside then outside and up and back again and still haven’t made up my mind about it 😀 but I can safely say that a few small things will be started for Maynia, and if you feel like doing it, or adapt it to your needs, or just watch people do it, you can join the Facebook Group they started for it or check these hashtags on Instagram #stitchmaynia #15daysofcrazy. 🙂
– – –
the thing is, starting 15 new things with my WIP list being what it is would backfire greatly, but I could aim at 15 finishes in May if I pick them carefully 😉 and imagine if some of those were long forgotten WIPs or kitted up smalls that I had laying there, collecting dust! 🎉
so without further ado here are my goals for May:
- stitch Once Upon A Time by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery block 4 Goldilocks and 5 Jack and the Beanstalk and pretend I’m all caught up one year later.
- stitch the 3rd, 4th and 5th part of Story Time Sampler by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery (Sherlock Holmes, Wizard of Oz and ??)
- L*K‘s Merry Little Bird – this one has been on the WIP list for years; I stitched one side of the bird and had to frog it entirely due to misplacement issues so I’m going to take it for another ride. 🎈
- Joan Elliott‘s Home Sweet Home version #1 🎈
- Joan Elliott‘s Home Sweet Home version #2 🎈
- Little Horse kit 🎈
- Pen Pals #2 by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery 🎈
- Pen Pals #3 by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery 🎈
- Pen Pals #4 by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery 🎈
- Pen Pals #5 by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery (and with this I’ll be all caught up with the Pen Pals series) 🎈
- Two Sheep by Elizabeth’s Designs 🎈
- The Sampler Life FB SAL small #1 🎈
- The Sampler Life FB SAL small #2 🎈
- The Sampler Life FB SAL small #3 🎈
- The Sampler Life FB SAL small #4 🎈
- The Sampler Life FB SAL small #5 🎈
if you count the 🎈🎈🎈 I used to mark my Stitch Maynia entries, they’re not 15 but 14 (they would have been 15 if I hadn’t had that completely accidental start 😜 ), all in all it’s already an impressive amount of work so I just hope I’ll manage to get them done.
– – –
hope you’re having a great week, see you on Friday for a lot of good stuff to come! 🙂