time’s always running short these days but I did manage to stitch in the past few months (especially late at night) and get a couple of things crossed off the list – so I thought I could just list them for you really quickly while I wait ’till the moment I can save up half a day to write my TAC posts (!!).
- the first project I’ll mention is a finish dating way way back to August 2nd which I hadn’t touched so far this year and had started at the end of ’14, Christmas Celebration Sampler by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
- I also kept on track with Story Time Sampler and stitched The Phantom of the Opera as soon as it came out (and listened to the musical and the soundtrack of the film, A LOT!!)
- then I started the new Christmas club for ’15 called A Very Merry Christmas Town, here’s a shot at my start back in August after clue 1 was released:
- next you’ll see what happened to that light brown linen cut just below the light blue (currently properly machine sewn – thank goodness!) it’s Christmas on Gingerbread Lane which I divided in 4 parts just like AVMCT and have been stitching one clue at a time:
AVMCT (on top) has just reached its 3rd clue, the tree shop on the right, which I started immediately after its release last Wednesday and simply couldn’t put down until it was done. 💘
next on the to-do list is COGL which will see its third part come to life shortly, and then I’ll put STS back on the dowels for frame 9 and 10 (which is coming out in just a few days 😊).
as usual I played a little with all the charts above adding details in Speciality stitches, changing colours, counts, and charting my own fonts. they’re all stitched on 40ct. linens hand dyed by Nina with my own choice of her cotton threads.
- as soon as I’m done with those frames on STS (one of which is Black Beauty, the other’s still a mystery ❤️🔮) I’ll get to the smalls I sew on dowels back in July (remember the day my sewing machine went kaputt?), there’s all sorts of seasonal little projects that shouldn’t take more than a few sessions to get done.
a couple of them have already been started and need a quick fix or finishing prepping, but the majority will be started anew so you’ll see them come to light soon. 😊
there might be a new start on the horizon if I get all these smalls out of the way quickly enough (and believe me it’s not such a wild thought, they all measure around 50 x 50 stitches!), fabric’s already attached to the 12” bars but I won’t say a word until it’s in the making. 😉
- last but not least there’s my TUSAL update for September featuring ORTs from all the projects above, sitting nicely (?!) next to my TFPS scissor fob and needle minder. matching tools and cats, OF COURSE! 😜
speaking of cats, do you know who just turned THREE and again caused a lot of not-in-the-know people on FB to wish me happy birthday a few weeks early? 😜
BUON COMPLEANNO, BABA! <– lots of Bs there 😉
– – –
now I’ll go have boiling hot pumpkin soup, it’s FREEZING! we jumped straight into serious autumn weather here, not that I’m complaining 😉 ❤️🍂
ciao! happy xxx!