with only 14 days to go before the games begin, it’s time I explain how this year’s enigma is going to work 🙂
– – –
Hello! and Welcome to the third stitch enigma!
Every year to celebrate my blogaversary, I don’t host a regular drawing; that’s kind of boring and not enough time consuming, really. 😉
The thing is, why rewarding some random reader when you can make them struggle, and guess, and fight for the prize in a sort of Game of Thrones for needleworkers?! ok, that’s a tad too much, but you get the general idea.
What I like to do is prepare a fun game I call stitch enigma, and whoever solves it gets of course all the GLORY, plus a fancy needlework prize. 😉
There have been previous enigmas (or enigmata, that’s another plural for enigma) with two or more prizes, but this year there can only be one, in a Highlander kind of way (honestly, I’ve never watched GOT but I had an insane crush for Christopher Lambert while growing up).
Mainly because I should hate to be predictable, but also because I felt it was time to spice up things, I decided to split this enigma’s final clue into sections.
This year you will have to solve puzzles, riddles, codes, identify a mysterious piece, .. five different games available to download as a PDF every Friday starting on May 1st, the day of my third blogaversary.
Each week there will be a new file to download as a PDF, and once you complete the game featured in it, there will be intructions as to what to do with the portion of the final clue you just obtained.
Everyone can join at any time, from anywhere in the world. You don’t have to be reading this before May 1st to participate; open up as many files as there are available at the moment you’re reading and get down to work! But remember, in order to win the needlework prize you have to be the first person to post the correct answer to the final clue, and because that final clue will be obtained game after game I strongly recommend you follow my blog via email (which is also required to participate) so that you’ll get an instant notification of a new blog post every Friday.
You can talk to your friends about this (actually that would be really nice of you), share snaps of you ready to work on the puzzles, post about this in your favourite Facebook Groups, etc. but please don’t post or share the answers.
Don’t be a party pooper, let’s keep this fun for everyone!
Also another NO NO is sharing the five PDF via email or in any sort of way. You can write about this, talk about this, show you about to work on one of the games next to a good cup of tea, and add a link to my blog – your friends can access the file and download it for themselves.
If you have any questions, doubts or comments I would be really pleased to hear from you, just drop me a line using the Contact me form or by adding a comment to one of my posts. You can also find me on Instagram (@nexthursday) and Facebook (Taras BaBa), but the safest way to get to me is always the blog, I’m hardly ever on FB and comments on IG can easily go unnoticed.
– – –
what do you say? makes sense? 😉
oh and I forgot to mention! 🙂 the prize this year will consist of:
- a set of 20 half-skeins of Nina’s Threads that I personally chose out of my favourite shades (now these are brand new skeins, I’m not cutting my skeins in half for you guys 😛 )
- three small cuts of her hand dyed linens in 36ct., two of these being one of a kind colours (all I’m going to say’s that one is purple, a freaking awesome royal purple)
- and then Nina generously decided to offer 8 of her silk threads at her own expense! how cool is that?! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
all you need to do to participate is:
- be a follower of this blog via email <— handy button on the left
- tell your friends that you’re going to take part in this adding a link to my blog. you can also use the downloadable widget, a snap of you working on one of the games, your puzzled face with one of the clues tattooed on it, whatever! 😛 you can blab about this as long and as many times as you want, the best of you might even get an extra hint or something incase they get stuck, who knows! 😀
- download each of the five PDF and solve the games 😉
- the first one who posts the correct answer to the final clue wins the super duper prize! 🙂
– – –
if you have questions you can write me anytime, I hope you’re as thrilled as I am because I am going NUTS! 😀 but then again, I’ve been writing riddles until late last night.
enjoy the weekend and the hermitting! I’ll be working on the secret stitching! 😉